Updates and improvements headed to JetBlue A320 fleet
JetBlue formally unveiled their A320 restyling program this month which will provide improvements in passenger comfort, connectivity, and entertainment. Although this will be the first major overhaul of their fleet since 2000, the airline has held onto its image as a leader of innovation and customer service; this effort will help them maintain their favorite-airline status among so many travelers.
Here are some improvements highlighted in JetBlue's announcement:
Introducing A Sleek and Smart Seat
In 2019, JetBlue will outfit its A320 aircraft with the Rockwell Collins Meridian seat, customized for the airline’s needs and featuring a number of design elements with customer comfort in mind:
- Expanded seat width offers more than 18 inches, the widest available for the A320.
- The most legroom in coach of any U.S. airline (a).
- Enhanced cushion comfort.
- Adjustable headrests, a new feature for JetBlue’s A320.
- Contoured seatback design at knee level creates additional living space for every customer.
- Redesigned seatback stowage options, including an innovative elastic grid to accommodate a variety of customer items.
- At least two easily-accessible and repositioned power connections at every seat.
Exceptional Entertainment Options
Also in 2019, JetBlue will build on its reputation as an industry leader in inflight entertainment options with Thales AVANT and ViaSat-2 connectivity. With this system, JetBlue will offer customers aboard its restyled A320s expanded entertainment choices in nearly every region the airline flies.
- 10.1 inch, 1080P high definition screen at every seat.
- More than 100 channels of live television.
- Expanded collection of on demand movies, TV shows and video content, plus new gaming features.
- Destination-specific content allowing customers to enhance their travel experience.
- Picture-in-picture function.
- Enhanced, 3D flight map offering multiple ways to track time to destination.
- NFC paining turning personal handheld devices into remotes or gaming controllers.
- Expanded Fly-Fi connectivity, providing coverage to nearly the entire JetBlue network.
All About In-Air Ambiance
JetBlue’s A320 restyling also allows the airline to refresh the overall feel of the aircraft interior. New LED lighting will enhance the look and tone of the in-cabin ambiance and allow for a variety of lighting settings to increase customer comfort. New sidewalls and overhead bins will also be installed, as well as a variety of newly incorporated design elements throughout that will capture JetBlue’s unique style and personality.
JetBlue expects to complete approximately a dozen A320 restyles by the end of 2018, with the ability to complete multiple aircraft each month by 2019. JetBlue’s so-called A320 classics will be restyled first. JetBlue’s overall A320 restyling is set to take approximately three years.